General Wingate Polytechnic College would like to hire a Project Manager to support the College in the implementation of the project and hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for the position. the position is stationed at General Wingate Polytechnic College, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The length of this position is initially for one year and subject to the satisfactory Performance the contract period shall be extendable. with Probation Period of 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall coordination to the Project in accordance with the project appraisal document (PAD), EASTRIP operational manual, the Grant Agreement, and all other relevant World Bank operational policies and guidelines.
- Manage the day today operational aspect of a project including support and guidance to the project implementation unit (PIU) staff.
- Ensure the implementation of the project is done in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the World Bank.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Ensure that semi-annual project M&E reports are based on the project’s results framework.
- Coordinate program related meetings like PIU Meetings, and prepare associated documents.
- Provide programmatic support to the PIU in terms of improving annual work plan’s (AWP’s) of the project when necessary to meet project output, annual reporting; pilot briefs and other related document to support reporting (technical and financial), specially for World Bank (WB);
- Directly manage and execute activities as per financing agreement with the World Bank which need attention national steering committee and the World Bank project team.
- Support in monitoring and timely execution of EASTRIP procurement plan and procurement activities.
- Overall Quarterly progress reports (consolidated) and Annual report prepared on the achievement of the overall project targets;
- Any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/or assigned by the College Dean
- Creating a working environment that allows everyone to work to the best of their abilities
Education And Experience
Applicants shall demonstrate sufficient capacities to carry out activities to a high standard. The successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Project Planning and Management and/or a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing high-value projects at the state or national level.
- Experience in program/project planning, design, follow-up, monitoring and evaluation
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely implementation of annual work plans and procurement plan.
- Timely preparation and submission of the required financial reports.
- Reports or minutes of regular meetings of PIU and Project’s technical and advisory workshops as required.
- Periodic reports on substantial matters arising from specific CEs contribute to the Project implementation support mission’s reports and documentation.
- Database on project/ activities, reports and outputs maintained
- Identifies common interests and goals and carries out joint initiatives with partners;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationship, partnerships and alliances with governments, private sector and other agencies;
- Makes effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen partnerships
- Brings visibility and sensitizes decision makers to relevant emerging issues;
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for advocacy work
- Is results driven, solution oriented and can work under pressure;
- Ability to identify problems, propose solutions and take immediate corrective measures
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goal.
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
Knowledge And Skills
- Strong result orientation, with proven experience in using result-based management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects on a regular basis;
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies;
- Excellent inter-personal and technical communication (oral, written and visual) skills with high level English language writing skills are essential;
How To Apply
apply in person at General Wingate Polytechnic College/ HR office No.101 before 2/23/2020 GC
Attn: W/Zo Mekdes Abay,
Human Resource Directorate Director
Tel: +251 11 2799324/+251112799187
Fax: 0112800100 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia